Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dante

For those that have not met Dante yet, he is quite the remarkable dog with extremely remarkable parents. Back in June of 2008 I photographed the Ryan family before Dante's surgery to remove his front leg which was infected with bone cancer. Shortly after I paid the family a visit to see how he was recovering.

Michelle had the great idea of taking pictures of the family in bed where they enjoy playing and sharing time together every day. Its really been an honor to take these series of photographs for the Ryan's. Dante is such an awesome dog with a great temperament and its obvious that he loves Michelle and Jim. Almost like he knows what could have been and just how lucky he is to have such caring parents.

IMG_0996

IMG_1020

IMG_1034

IMG_1038

IMG_1027

IMG_1048

IMG_1069

IMG_1084

IMG_1101

IMG_1134

IMG_1182

IMG_1266

IMG_1308

7 comments:

Lauren said...

I don't know why but I think I just teared up. Love your pics!

Anonymous said...

Great session Dave! You can feel the love between all three of them.

Stacy Cross said...

Oh my gosh - I think I'm in love! These are awesome!

Anonymous said...

The dog is beautiful and looks so happy. I love the casualness of the shoot: the setting, attire, and location.

Kristen said...

Very cool use of black and white. lovely images! i wish my dog was so calm and collected and that we'd get some photos like these... of course, what a challenge that would be considering how much the dog is NOT loved by my husband nor my daughter. It's just me and Hank in the boat called love. :-)

Sean Wray said...

I love the use of white in all of these. It really ties them all together. Nice!

SMS Photography said...

i love these!!!!!!!