Sunday, April 20, 2008

Country Time!

I finally had a free weekend so my wonderful wife, daughter and dog headed to the country. My mother in law has a home on 90 acres in Mason County and its one of my favorite places to recharge! For starters is gorgeous out there.  I love to wake up and go for a run with my wife and doberman (Lela). So nice to not hear a single car, nothing but mother nature all around.

We went to Mason proper, did some shopping and were able to show off our new daughter to some friends and extended family. Since Ava was born premature we have been unable to take her out into public. Now that cold season is past us, she is making her rounds!

Of course photography is always involved when I am having fun. So I love to grab my camera and head out and shoot away. I put a few of my favorites up from the weekend. 

The entrance to Mom "A's" house. Hook em' Horns!!
Trying my hand at some landscape photography.
What a gorgeous day we had on Saturday!
I have been known to spend hours taking pictures of flowers. See... I don't just do it at weddings!
The vibrant colors of the winecups were so appealing to me.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.... and well.... I took it and I think its beautiful.
Ava has recently started supporting her weight and she thinks if pretty darn cool to stand up like a big girl. She had so much fun visiting with everyone.. I do not think she was put down all weekend. Always someone to squeeze on her!
I came across this bizarre creature. A hummingbird moth. They are every bit as big as a humming bird. I swear I have never seen one of these before..  Crazy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had to cover up the new tattoo while visiting Grandma? Yeah, I understand that, Ava.

Annemarie said...

Wow - the pictures of the humming moth are awesome!! How long did you have to sit there to catch those??